HR Manager, Bi-Lingual (Spanish)
This job is for someone who is potentially:
- Unsatisfied with their current HR task oriented job
- Tired of being a "small fish in a big pond"
- Working too many hours and wants to work with a company that values work-life balance
- Looking to change to a small company environment to thrive with influence and impact
If this describes you in part or full, we would like to hear from you.
We are Stanton. We make comfortable, stylish and long lasting furniture that has formed an integral part of homes here in the Pacific Northwest for generations. Our sofas are handcrafted by more than 350 of our hardworking coworkers. We need someone to help us grow, invest in and manage the people that make our sofas and refine our business culture.
More about the job. Stanton Sofa is searching for an experienced full-time HR Manager to be business minded as they continue to build and grow our HR service offering. We need our HR Manager to be a full-time presence that works with us to ensure accuracy and compliance on all levels of HR. Our new HR Manager will report to and work with the managing members who run the business with dedication and from a collaborative, team-work perspective.
We have a family-like atmosphere and sincerely believe our employees and the business culture we are cultivating is our greatest asset. Our HR Manager will acquire one full-time non-exempt direct report who handles most of the day to day HR tasks.
The person we hire will be a unique blend of practical attention to detail with the intuition to solve people and system problems from a strategic perspective. We know what we are looking for is rare and it is important that the person we hire thrives in this role, enjoys their job and the people they work with. Therefore, job fit and HR knowledge is first and foremost.
Areas of Responsibility and Duties
Management - Manages the HR function with and through the current HR team including but not limited to:
- Employee Relations and Performance management. Creates, and works with management to enforce policies and employment law in our non-unionized, manufacturing environment, utilizing our employment attorney as appropriate.
- Relationship Management. Works with consultants, vendor partners, production management and company management to achieve the HR goals for the company.
- Training and Teaching. In group and 1 on 1 settings, provides employees and managers with the information needed to ensure HR and safety compliance, retention and leadership development; Responsible for continued training of our current HR team.
- System Design and Implementation. Identifies, creates and implements efficient processes of delivering HR services to the organization through process and technology upgrades; Responsible for the design and execution our performance management and pay increase process.
- Strategic Thinking and Planning. Collaborates with company management to set the HR direction for the department and how to implement these goals in our manufacturing environment; Reviews, researches, advises and works with VP to plan out compensation structures and strategies for hourly and salaried employees; Has a firm grasp of medical benefit structures and how to drive out cost while maximizing benefits.
- Full cycle recruitment of hourly and professional talent,
- Reporting including HR metrics and ADP reports,
- Investigating and managing worker's compensation claims,
- Learning and knowing our ADP system in order to be our in-house expert; ACA report and process review and management,
- Auditing HR processes regularly to ensure accuracy and compliance to company policies and state and federal requirements,
- Coordinating HR employee programs as needed,
- Processing and responding to all unemployment claims and agency inquiries, and,
- Providing back up to our HR Representative as needed in the processing of daily HR tasks.
- Bachelor's degree with major in Human Resources Management, Business, or equivalent experience,
- 5 plus years of front-line management experience, or 5-7 years HR generalist experience,
- Intensive hands-on knowledge of the Human Resource function, able to keep up on emerging HR trends, and familiar with all areas of sound HR management; Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal labor laws,
- Bi-lingual (Spanish / English) proficiency (speaking and writing) required,
- Ability to work and communicate successfully in a cultural diverse environment with all levels of the business and a broad general understanding of the business function.
Priority selection will be provided to those with the following preferred qualifications:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with ACA processing and reporting preferred.
- OSHA experience.
Our pay range is between $55,000/year and $80,000/year.
If this opening still sounds attractive, please apply through our online application: HR Manager Application
Thank you. We respond to everyone who applies with us.